I promise ... last post from this night: Wordpress 2.7 was released
I told you, Santa Claus is insane ... after OpenSolaris, Slackware now Wordpress relase their newest version 2.7.
1. New Interface. (Tomorrow I will upgrade my blogs).
2. New DashBoard with drag and drop (At last my greatest creation !)
3. Customizable screen
4. And the last but the most important: "last time you ever have to manually upgrade WordPress again" ... (I heard a lot of this ... look at SMF)
Good Job Wordpress TEAM and Thank you !
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I promise ... last post from this night: Wordpress 2.7 was released
This days I'm very happy because I use Debian/Ubuntu Desktops at work and home. Is insane to get 150$ for a downgrade. This is happening for Dell Users:
At Debian/Ubuntu it is free ... and I think no one will want to downgrade (as linux user). Anyway ... if you want it then you can get it for FREE not for 150$.
But is true ... a lot of Laptops vendors are selling their products only with Vista ... and no support for Linux, XP, Apple.
Another beer and I will sleep on the keyboard.
Chrome 1.0 was released ... a new war will come ... and the winner browser will be:
THE FASTEST BROWSER ... IE7.
Because Microsoft distribute this BROWSER and they have the most OS sold in this world. Firefox will never win ... But it will be always the BEST Browser.
Hmmmm ... I think I drunk to much beer.
Probably yes ... but not so much. Anyway it seems HP puts Linux on business PCs. What means that? Not much ... but it happen because of economic crash. So, probably, more people will interact with OpenSource software.
HP says that it is offering SLED 10 on the machine only in the United States, and estimates that the street price of a base PC will come to around $519.
Cheap price if is coming from HP ... :)
Read more here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/11/hp_linux_biz_pc/
It seems Apple will launch soon a 3d Desktop ... After Linux compiz, Kde 4.2 and Microsoft Vista , Apple is coming with their new 3d Desktop.
Apple 3D desktop was revealed in their patent filing. But if you are curious just read more here: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/12/11/apple-exploring-3d-desktop-and-application-interfaces/
Jesus ... is like the Christmas tree. Slackaware and now Open Solaris ? Whos next?
Ok ... Open solaris was released. The last release was in May: Project Indiana.
1. Time Slider, a Gnome GUI that makes Sun's not-for-the-uninitiated Zettabyte File System (ZFS) functionality, like instant data snapshots, available to all users.
2. Distribution Constructor so users can build their custom software stack depending on how they're going to use the OS and a storage feature called Comstar Storage Framework (?) that lets developers create an open storage server.
3. OpenOffice 3, Firefox 3, NetBeans 6.5 and - good heavens - the NetBeans-opposing Eclipse IDE.
New review: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/10/sun_opensolaris_update/
Get it : http://www.opensolaris.com/get/
I can't belive that ... Slackware 12.2 was released. Slackware was the first distributions what I ever tryed ... in 1997, so I can get some time to announce their release. New features:
1. Kernel 184.108.40.206 + kernel patched with Speakup to support speech synthesizers
2. System binaries are linked with the GNU C Library, version 2.7.
3. X11 based on the X.Org Foundation's modular X Window System. (Only now ?)
4. gcc-4.2.4 as the default C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran-77/95, and Ada 95 compiler.
5. OpenSSH, OpenVPN, GnuPG and Apache 2.2.10
6. PCMCIA, CardBus, USB, IEE1394 (FireWire) and ACPI support great for your laptop
7. Perl 5.10.0, Python 2.5.2, Ruby 1.8.7-p72, Subversion 1.5.4, git-220.127.116.11, mercurial-1.0.2 ... (yummy)
8. New versions of Slackware package management tools make it easy to add, remove, upgrade, and make your own Slackware packages.
9. Web Browsers: Konwueror 3.5.10, Firefox 3.0.4 and SeaMonkey 1.1.13
10. KDE 3.5.10 + Koffice + Kdevelop (wow ... really for Slack)
11. More read here ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-12.2/PACKAGES.TXT
Gmail have 2 new features: Tasks and SMS, just look in top right of your Google Mail account.
1. Tasks is something like Google Calendar but integrated with Gmail.
2. SMS allows users to send text messages to mobile phone users ... but is limited to USA.
Useful? Not for everyone ... but if you use intense this Google service ... then will be useful !
I can believe that:
Native Client is an open-source research technology for running x86 native code in web applications, with the goal of maintaining the browser neutrality, OS portability, and safety that people expect from web apps. We've released this project at an early, research stage to get feedback from the security and broader open-source communities. We believe that Native Client technology will someday help web developers to create richer and more dynamic browser-based applications.
For all enthusiasts:
1. First of all is not ready for use.
2. x86 code is not portable across platforms.
3. Web means portability ... writing Active X ... sorry asm programs for web ?
4. Modules may not contain certain instruction sequences ... hmmmmm
You are still enthusiast ?
Jesus ... a new way to spread viruses ...
I hope I'm wrong ...
Monday, December 8, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Wordpress 2.7 beta 3 is launched and probably very soon we will get a final release. Let's look at the changes between beta 2 and beta 3 (more than 160):
* PHP Notice fixes.
* Dashboard widget options now properly save.
* Menu fixes.
* New design for Quick Edit.
* Canonical feed URL fixes.
* Walker fixes.
* An update for Hello Dolly.
* Plugin installer updates.
* Numerous style improvements and refinements.
* All admin notices now go under the page title.
* Numerous font updates.
* Updated login logo.
* Switch position of “Save Draft” and “Preview” buttons in publish module.
* File upload support for MS Office 2007+ file formats.
* Media upload buttons won’t show if the user doesn’t have the upload capability.
* Canonical redirects only do yes-www or no-www redirection for domains.
* Add New User page now separate.
* Tag suggest only suggests tags (not other taxonomy terms).
* QuickPress shows “Submit for Review” if user cannot publish.
* Private posts/pages, and password-protected posts/pages are rolled into new “Visibility” section of publish module.
* Shift-click checkbox range selection improvement.
If you want to give it a try just follow this link http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.7-beta3.zip
I just buy a new pair of bluetooth headset at an amazing price of 32$. The headset it have and autonomy of 10 hours of talk time, 8 hours of music play and 25 hours of standby. All controls are on the right earpiece, and they include a play/pause/stop button in the middle (also used for phone last number dialed and answer), volume controls on top, and a control on the outside border of the headset that allows you to shuttle between songs.
In other words are it have all controls what you need for playing music and talking on phone.
For a good music quality your cellphone must be embedded with the Bluetooth A2DP stereo music.
* Range: 33 feet (10 meters)
* Bluetooth version 1.2
* Embedded Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRC , HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets)
* Weight: 10.4 ounces
What is really strange I got this headset from an online shop what are selling for Amazon at 32$ but on amazon it costs 45$ or more. Follow this link if you want to get them: LG HBS-200
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Today is the day (or tomorrow is the day :) ). I just get the new World of Warcraft expansion: Wrath of the Lich King and I just wait to play it. I can only guess that will be the last addon since are running out of enemies that are in the base storyline of warcraft, we killed Kel’Thuzad in wow, we killed Illidan and Kil’Jadden in The Burning Crusade expansion, and now the final enemy encounter will be probably the Lich King himself, and thus ending the warcraft story.
Also is possible Blizzard to continue the storyline with another fantastic journey ... but this only Blizzard knows.
Some features of the new expansion:
* Level up to 80
* One new playable class: Death Knight what is start directly from level 55
* Battle with the Lich King at the Frozen Throne
* The creation of a new profession: Inscription
* Profession level up to 450
* New items, creatures, quests, dungeons, wapons, sepll
* Siege weapons and destructible buildings (just in PVP)
* New character-customization options, including new hairstyles
* Improved Graphics Engine (applied to shaders, flame effects, water appearance and detailed shadows)
* New factions including the Tuskarr , Frenzyheart , The Oracles and the Taunka, a racial cousin to the Tauren
* First completely PvP zone
* A new continent: Northrend
If you are curious about other features of the game just read this tutorial: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
We don't try to answer to this question because we cannot be objective but we can give you some information's about mp3 player gadgets and their capabilities.
First you need to ask yourself: I need only a simple mp3 player or I want more from my gadget ?
Yes, your gadget can play mp3 files but also, if you get the right one, can play video files. It depends on you if you want to get one with video playback or not. Anyway look at this gadget if it also know WMA, OGG files, because some companies are distribute their audio files in other formats not just
in mp3. Choosing a gadget who knows video playback can be more expansive than a simple mp3 player. Just look at this Apple IPOD mp3 players.
What disk/flash size of mp3 player do you recommend?
That depends on what do you want to do with it:
1. If you want one for workouts, a short commute to work, or a quick chill on the deck just look for this size's
512 MB aprox. 8 CDs
1 GB aprox. 20 CDs
2. If you want it for a travel or for a long go just look after
2.5 GB aprox. 50 CDs
4 GB aprox. 80 CDs
5 GB aprox. 100 CDs
6 GB aprox. 120 CDs
3. If you are a maniac and you want to have all your music on it just get this sizes.
20 GB aprox. 400 CDs
30 GB aprox. 600 CDs
40 GB aprox. 800 CDs
60 GB aprox. 1200 CDs
What else I should check before I get a mp3 player ?
Check the lifetime of batteries/accumulators, the bright of the display, recharging methods (some are rechargeable only through USB), storage (flash, microdrive, hardrive), displaying photos.
Before of all do a research before buy. Look at the next list of links and try to compare between them. Also look at what reviews have each product and choose the right player for you.
What do you recommend ?
Ipod Mp3 players
Creative Zen mp3 players
They have a variety of mp3 gadgets for different budgets and are the best players on the market. Good luck in your choice.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
And Engineers already have helicopters, so why not a motorcycle ?
Read a very good post about all features in Wrath of the Lich King here.
Monday, September 15, 2008
The past has moved here
I see a lot of howto's what are based on the same "story": boot in "single mode" and type passwd to change the password, but are some systems like Debian and probably others what doesn't let you get in single mode if you don't know the root password ... so the single mode solution it will not work.
The past has moved here
After almost 2 years Video Lan Project announced the new release of the VLC media player 0.9.2 (code name Grishenko).
It comes with a new interface for windows and Linux and many many new features.
VLC is known as a multifunctional media player with a lot of features and with a lot of built-in codecs. Also can play various streaming protocols.
With the version 9 of it brings some new codecs support;
AES3 (SMPTE 302M) support
E-AC3 (A/52b) support
Flash Screen Video support
CamStudio Screen Video support
DosBox Capture support
Karl Morton's Video support
limited atrac3 support
Fluidsynth MIDI software synthesis (with external sound fonts)
New codec FOURCCs to support more specific files:
Avid, FCP, Sony, Samsung, ...
H.264 PAFF support
DNxHD / VC-3 support
NellyMoser ASAO support
APE (Monkey audio) support
RealVideo support (with the RealVideo run-time)
Dirac video support using libschroedinger
For the entire feature list just go here http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc/NEWS
To download the newest VLC just go here: http://www.videolan.org/
If you are curious about the new release of Delphi and C++ Builder 2009 you can get your own trial from the codegear site. Look at this post of Nick Hodges for installation and license :
Request your license and iso here http://cc.codegear.com/Free.aspx?id=26043
Soon Firefox 3.1 will be released. One of the most important feature what this new version will bring is the "Private browsing mode". After Internet Explorer is launching this feature in it's new beta and the new Google Chrome is coming with this option, Firefox need to have it.
This feature is in Firefox bugzilla from 2004 (Bug 248970) when Apple announced that option in his browser Safari.
Probably Opera it will have this soon, but until now they doesn't announce anything regarding that.
This feature will disable saving of cookies, links and other cache when you browse with "Private browsing mode" feature on.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Probably almost everybody knows how to create a iPhone wallpaper from a photography, but I found this facility online in one of my favorite sites: Celebrity Wallpapers.
They added some time ago a a new feature on their site: Creating online iphone wallpapers from the already existing wallpapers from this site.
Just go on http://wallpapers.photo4everyone.com and choose a car or a celebrity wallpaper. After you choose the wallpaper click on "iPhone wallpaper" from the left menu then just move the marquee on wallpaper to choose the part of wallpaper what do you want it on your iphone. On your right side you will have the preview of the wallpaper.
Some samples (the wallpapers are watermarked because are linked from the photo4everyone.com site):
Microsoft just comes out with a new paper about web ranking at SIGIR (Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval) in Singapore.
If you are curios to read the paper just go here
http://research.microsoft.com/users/tyliu/files/fp032-Liu.pdf and get it !
The idea behind of this paper is simple: Voting and visits. If you get visits and votes then you will get a higher rank. The idea is not so bad, but I don't understand how they will implement that safely. In my opinion they have 3 options:
1. To return to the search page and vote the link what you just visit
2. Integrate in Internet Explorer a voting mechanism (like stumbleupon plugin)
3. All the pages are loading with in a frame and the top frame contains the voting mechanism.
4. Microsoft employ some people to do that.
Let's comment out this implementations:
1. If the user find the information what it looks after, is a very big chance to never return to search engine and vote it.
2. Is a very big chance for lot's of users to never vote this because they don't care about that.
3. This is not a viable solution because then MS can track your every movement.
4. Is a waste of time and resources.
From the paper:
The reasons that BrowseRank outperforms
the other algorithms are as follows:
1) Creating inlinks, which can hurt PageRank, cannot hurt BrowseRank
so much, because the link information is not used in BrowseRank.
2) The performance of TrustRank can be aected by the selection
of the seed set and the determination of the seed distribution in the
link graph. For BrowseRank, seed selection and seed distribution
determination are not necessary.
All the algorithms have the same big problem: If the people know how is acting then can be influenced by people even if the algorithm is a smart one.
Authors of BroseRank paper are Bin Gao, Tie-Yan Liu, and Hang Li from Microsoft Research Asia and Shuyuan He of Peking University, and Ying Zhang of Nankai University, Zhiming Ma of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Large Hadron Collider is ready and tomorrow is the day of the day ... or the last day on Earth (Not really ... only in 21 October the particles will collide). In this night I will get laid (Is a good excuse for my wife to have sex), smoke, drink and laugh with my friends ... because is possible to be the last day and tomorrow will be the apocalypse. Don't be sad because will be a fast death. Anyway I selected some user comments from Internet what they think about that. Enjoy !
Posted by Aaron August 1, 08 11:53 AM
Posted by Palko August 1, 08 11:53 AM
Posted by science August 1, 08 12:03 PM
Posted by Jonathan August 1, 08 12:25 PM
hope the world gets sucked into a black hole, then god will look down upon these scientists and say *its not that easy now, is it?*
Posted by: Brandon Louis 3:51pm today
Black holes are good. They destroy greenhouse gases permanently. No more global warming.
Posted by: The Inconvenient Truth 3:50pm today
Don't worry folks MacGyver aka Jack O'Neil has ordered Samantha Carter to find a way to make this black hole go away. You all know how good looking and smart she is, and even if she fails the Asgard still owe us a favour.
Posted by: The Inconvenient Truth 3:46pm today
This all sounds like a James Bond movie minus the Casino full of pokies
Posted by: daniel of melbourne 3:16pm today
Relax! Everyone knows the world will end on December 21, 2012....well according to the Mayans anyway.
Posted by: Greg of Melbourne 2:47pm today
This mad beast starts up at 5pm EST tomorrow. Yay! I get to go to work for 9 hours, then at home time, the universe collapses!
Posted by: mog 2:46pm today
Woo hoo! Does this mean I may not have to cook tomorrow night?? Bonus!!
Posted by: Rona of Melbourne 1:49pm today
Reno. -> RE: End Of The World In 9 Days? (CERN) (1/9/2008 8:26:05 PM)
Stupid mortals. Play Half-Life, then we'll talk.
armageddonbride -> RE: End Of The World In 9 Days? (CERN) (1/9/2008 7:23:59 PM)
Reckon if I asked really nicely, they'd reschedule for the 14th? [X(]
Dead_Faerie -> RE: End Of The World In 9 Days? (CERN) (1/9/2008 7:21:32 PM)
Not before I move up to Manchester!!
# tacitus Says:
August 7th, 2008 at 7:30 pm
Nah — not a black hole — a wormhole allowing the evil hordes of the Hell dimension to invade Earth.
A much more entertaining way to die, don't you think?
# MIchael Says:
August 17th, 2008 at 3:21 am
i read through all the posts, must say some of you people have brought such a big amount of creativity into this conversation.
I live in Switzerland and will count on my country for not sucking up the whole universe!
I wish everybody a "HAPPY WAITING".
Best regards from Switzerland,
# Marco Says:
September 8th, 2008 at 8:25 pm
Man I dont care
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
The post was moved here
This article is the second part from a serie of 2 articles about glassfish and liferay. I hope you will find this articles very useful. First article is here.
The post was moved here
The post was moved here.
In the last days I tried to install and configure a Glassfish and a Liferay cluster for a client. From what I see in Internet is a lot of "old" documentation for Glassfish / Liferay clustering and nothing related to latest versions of Glasfish / Liferay (glassfish v2ur2 and Liferay 5.1.1), and I know this documentation also will become old in some months :) . So I intend to write (as best as I can) a very simple documentation about how I manage this to work and what problems I found trying to do this.
The post was moved here.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
I just found this site what it claims it found the first version of Photoshop (probably is the first comercial version).
But surfing the web I just discovered an image from the version 0.63 :
I interact with Photoshop at version 3 when they just added a new extraordinary feature: layers.
Probably some people laugh ... but then was a very important feature ... a feature what changed the image editors programs forever !
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
In Technorati you have 2 modalities claim a blog:
1. Quick Claim
2. Post Claim
1. In "Quick Claim" you will need to give the username and password to Technorati (Not Recomended)
2. In "Post Claim" you will need just to add a link in a post from your blog. Technorati Profile
Simple ... no ?
Apple announced their new iPhone model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th.The second generation of iPhone will be available worldwide after launch. The good news is the price ... it will cost just 199$, but also the phone is superior in hardware and software. It have 2 hardware new "accessories" : 3G and GPS ... that means it will be a GPS manufacturer killer (in my opinion).
Steve Jobs give us some details about software what will run on iPhone 3G and the most important updates are: eBay and blogging application, BlackBerry-style push-email, security, parental control.
A nice feature in security will allows users to wipe the memory of their device remotely if it is lost or stolen.
Also the popular game Super Monkey Ball computer game from Sega will be available for iPhone 3G.
iPhone users will also be able to view Word documents or Keynote presentations, on their phone, but not edit them.
The new iPhone have an improved new battery / power source.
Standbay 300 hours
2G talk 10 hours
3G talk 5 hours
Internet Browsing 5-6 hours
Video 7 hours
Audio 24 hours
Can be recharged from computer USB and it have a Lithium-Ion battery
Steve Jobs says :
Great performance, great battery life
Size and weight
Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)
* 8GB or 16GB flash drive
* 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
* 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
* Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
* Audio formats supported: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
* User-configurable maximum volume limit
* Stereo earphones with built-in microphone
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
* Impedance: 32 ohms
* Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
Camera and photos
* 2.0 megapixels Camera located on back of iPhone.
* Photo geotagging
* iPhone and third-party application integration
* Proximity sensor
* Ambient light sensor
* Assisted GPS
Read more tech specs here
Monday, June 9, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008
I was strongly impressed by a new directory what I discovered this days: DoFollow Sites. Is not just a simple directory, but also have a lot of NEW (for me at least) features:
1. You can add tags to your site
2. Write comments
3. Add RSS or atom feeds
4. Boost your site displaying it on the first page (for 30 min at least but is more than nothing)
5. You can vote sites.
In other words is building a small community about DoFollow Sites. What is a dofollow site? Is a site what doesn't have "rel=nofollow" on it's anchor tags and are hunted sites by link building community.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
After 12 years of perfect working, my Kenwood car amplifier, is dead. It was a bad day for me ... but I found a new one at a reasonable price:
Is named: Pioneer Car GM6300F 4-Channel Power Amplifier and is working perfectly. Now I'm again happy :) !
• 60-Watts x 4, at 4 ohms output power
• 60-Watts Dynamic Power at 4 ohms
• 75-Watts x 4 at 2 ohms output power
• 150 Watts x 2, at 4 ohms Bridge
• Peak Music Power - 600-Watts
The price is just 112$. Is cheap for such a great amp.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Some time ago I presented to you my top 3 girls. Now is time to update my top 3:
Luba is still on first place:
1. Luba Shumeyko:
* Ocupation: Ukrainian nude model and photographer.
* Birth Name: Люба Шумейко.
* Zodiac Sign: Aries
* Birth Date: April 8, 1982
* Age: 25
* Married: Married to Norwegian photographer Petter Hegre.
* Luba Shumeyko Gallery
In second place is:
2. Megan Fox:
* Ocupation: Actress
* Birth Name: Megan Denise Fox
* Zodiac Sign: Taurus Taurus
* Birth Date: May 16, 1986
* Age: 22
* Married: No
And on the third place is:
3. Kelly Monaco
* Ocupation: Model
* Birth Name: Kelly Marie Monaco.
* Zodiac Sign: Gemini Gemini
* Birth Date: May 23, 1976
* Age: 32
* Married: No